Scheme for promotion of value addition of all agricultural crops except spices in Kerala.
SFAC is implementing the scheme for promotion of fruits, vegetables & spices based value addition projects in Kerala. Value addition refers to the techniques applied to agricultural produce after harvest for its protection, conservation, processing, packaging, distribution, marketing, and utilization to meet the food and nutritional requirements of the people in relation to their needs. The purpose of value addition is to maintain or enhance quality of the products and make it readily marketable. Value-added agricultural enterprises allow producers or growers to earn a greater portion of consumer expenditures by processing, packaging and marketing of various value added products. The following are the guidelines for the implementation of the scheme.
- Project should be related to value addition of any agricultural crop except spices.
- Projects for value addition with the total project cost above Rs. 5 will be considered under the scheme.
- The quantum of SFAC assistance will be limited to a maximum of 40% of the capital investment or 10 lakhs whichever is less. However, the entrepreneur can avail subsidy from any other agencies and the overall subsidy will be limited to 50% of the total project cost. Cost of land will not be considered in the total project cost for the purpose of granting subsidy.
- Project should be accepted by credit institutions for grant of term loans.
- Individual entrepreneurs, SHGs, Clusters, NGOs, partnership etc will be considered under the scheme.
- Applications will be invited from eligible entrepreneurs in the prescribed format. The entrepreneur should avail loan for the implementation of the project from any nationalized/ scheduled/ Co-operative/ Regional Rural Banks/ other non banking financial institutions.
- The entrepreneur should submit the project reports along with the sanction letter obtained from the financing institution to SFAC
- The entrepreneur should avail a minimum of 40% of the capital investment as Term loan from the financing institutions. Otherwise the subsidy will be limited to the term loan amount.
- Project should ensure forward and backward linkages.
- The project proposal will be examined by a Committee in detail and acceptance or rejection of the project will be done solely based on their recommendation. The decision of the Committee will be final.
- The subsidy amount will be credited to the loan account of the entrepreneur based on the Inspection Report of the SFAC officials.
- The entrepreneur should successfully continue with the project activities and production of value added products at least for a minimum period of 5 years from the date of commissioning of the project and is liable to refund the subsidy to Govt. as per rules if this condition is violated.
- The Governing Body of SFAC shall approve the individual projects.
Ventures supported by SFAC under this scheme
Details of Projects for which assistance released from SFAC under Value Addition Scheme
||Name of Firm & Contact No.
||Nature of Unit
|1 ||EFRDS SHG,Gudayoor, Karara Post,
Attappadi, Palakkad. Ph.9961505990
||Value addition of jackfruit|
|2 ||Sangamithra SHG, Kaniyamangalam
Elavampadam Post, PalakkadPh.9447784975/9446876309
|3 ||Go Green SHG, Farm Club, Vadakkendekad
Velikkad Post, Palakkad. Ph.9447939811, 9446271655
|4 ||Prakash, Chalakankdy House, Maruthonkaara,
Kavilumparam, Kozhikkode. Ph. 8943809183
||Value addition of Cocoa|
|5 ||P.T. Josh, Puthukulangara, Pasukadavu P.O.
Kavikumpara, Kozhikkode. 0496-2666389 / 9446159671
||Value addition of Cocoa|
|6 ||Sri. Vincent George, Choonattu House,
Padichira P.O., Pulpally, Wayanad. Ph.9447858371/
||Value addition of Fruits & vegetables|
|7 ||Sri. M.T. Premadasan, Suma Foods,
Thodukattil Veedu, Ezhuvanthala P.O. Nellai, Palakkad
Ph.9961414181 ||Value addition of Banana|
|8 ||Sri. K.U. Daniel, Thinapuram Cardamom,
Kakkuzhiyil, Thanapuram, Meppadi P.O., Wayanad
||Value addition of Cardamom|
|9 ||Smt. Sajitha Nazir
Mukulakala purayidam, Edathara, Kalanjoor. P.O.
Pathanapuram. Ph.9496911999 Masna
|10 ||Smt. D. Vijayamma,
Vijaya Bhavan, Muthukulam North,
Choolatheruvu. P.O., Alappuzha. Ph.9495213377 ||Vijaya chips|
|11 ||Sri. R. Krishnakumar
Muthukulam South. P.O.
Alappuzha. Ph. 8089371914 ||Sree Ayyappa chips centre|
|12 ||Sri. Sabu. S.,
Ajmal Manzil, Vallichira, P.C. Mukku. P.O.,
Ph.9656466668 ||Ajmal Flour Mill (Tapioca, banana & spices powder unit)|
|13 ||Smt. Sreelatha,
Arya Nivas, Pallikkal East, Thekkekara. P.O.,
Mavelikkara, Alappuzha. Ph.9526018226 ||Chips unit|
|14 ||Sri. K.P. Baiju
Kanjiramparambu, Muhamma. P.O., Alappuzha
Ph.9400203822 ||Aswiny spices|
|15 ||Smt. S. Leelamma, Kaipalli Puthuval, Muthukulam North P.O.
Ph. 8714474789 ||Sree Buddha chips|
|16 ||Sri. Jacob Mathew Odakkal
Ph. 9846449401 ||Odakkal Cardamom Processing unit|
|17 ||Sri. Devassia Mathew
Ph9447806075 ||Western Ghats Spices|
|18 ||Smt. Mini James
Malappuram ||Jackfruit processing unit|
|19 ||Sri. Wilson C.George
Ph.9446143492 ||Samrudhi Curry powder unit|